In Touch – April 29, 2022
1515 Cheapside Street
London, Ontario, N5V 3N9
Tel. (519) 453-4400 / 1-866-640-0044
Fax (519) 453-4193
Mrs. Sherry Eacrett (Student Support Manager)
Ms. Angela McHardy (Principal)
Amethyst’s mission is to provide a safe place where students, families and staff find support to learn, grow, discover and ultimately “Believe in Themselves”.
A reminder that students must pass the screening tool daily and show verification of this to attend school: COVID-19 school screening
Congratulations to our award winners last week:
- Shoshanna R. won the Grit award
- Liam G. won the Growth Mindset award
- Mackenzie K., Jasmine B, and Carson M won the Golden Headset award.
- Mrs. Woodiwiss’ class and Nathan A. won the Wow award
- Darren S. won the Kindness award
Staff and students are still required to complete and pass the covid-19 school screener each day. Please follow the NEXT STEPS that are provided at the end of the screener, including the directions about a RETURN TO SCHOOL.
If students are absent they should be checking their Google Classrooms and completing the work that is posted when they are well enough to do so.
Starting next week and continuing to the end of the school year, Robarts grade 7/8/9 Special Education class will be running a snack cart offering snacks Wednesdays from 11:55-12:30 to Amethyst students. Students should bring money if they wish to buy snacks.
We held our last Parent Council meeting this week. At the meeting we revised/updated our Student Dress Code. The new dress code is in effect now and a copy is included in the communication folder. Thank you to Heather Rogan and Melissa Noel for your time and commitment to the role of co-chairs this year. We appreciate your dedication to our students.
We are hosting a Parent Information Night on Tuesday, May 10th at 5:30 pm on Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Programs. A zoom link will be shared on that morning.
Silent Auction Update
Latest Donations: Movie Night Pack – $30 Netflix Gift card and awesome snacks, JBL Bluetooth Speaker, handmade leather purse, portable DVD player, and some custom jewellery. The auction will run from May 11th – 18th and the deadline for donations is May 2nd. If you would like a copy of our donation request letter to submit to a business, just let Janet know and she will send you a copy (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are requesting new items only. We also collect Canadian Tire money to purchase items for the auction. If you have any items to donate please send them into the school office with your child. Thank you for your support!
Save the Date – Student Recognition Night is scheduled for Thursday, June 23, 7 – 9 pm. This is an evening where we recognize all of the students and their achievements. More details will be shared closer to the date.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
Extended Day Program/Lodging Update
Hi Parents and Guardians,
The extended day program and student lodging program have fun events coming up for staff and students! Please see the details below.
- Thursday May 5th – School Dance 6:30-8:30pm. All students and staff are welcome! Extended day students are welcome to attend the dance as long as parents cancel transportation, are here to pick up their child from the dance when it ends, and complete a permission form. A permission form has been sent home to all extended day parents. Please send this back to Amethyst as soon as possible if your child is interested in attending.
- Wednesday May 18th – Family BBQ 5-6:30pm. All staff and families are invited to attend our family BBQ.Order forms were sent home. Please return order forms by Monday May 9, 2022.
- Tuesday May 31: Pool Olympics! Fun games and activities in the pool! Extended day students are more than welcome to stay for this as well.
- End of Year Trips – Student support counsellors will be sending home trip forms with more information on end of year trips.
Fundraiser – “Plantables.”
Plantables is an exciting new start up (est. 1998) based in Forest, Ontario that grow healthy, hardy and happy fruit and vegetable plants. The best part is, they ship them DIRECTLY to your door, when you want them!
All you have to do is pick what plants you want to grow, choose when you want them delivered and wait for your box of garden-ready plants to arrive on your doorstep. Shipping weeks are available from April- June.
How does the program work?
Go to plantables.ca. and make sure they enter the code 1515 at the checkout or follow our direct link that has been emailed out to families – https://plantables.ca/for/1515.
Dorm Contact Information
- Shark Tank: Dorm Ext 1621, Cell: 226-926-5619
- The Cave: Dorm Ext 1699, Cell: 226-926-6731
- Eagles Den: Dorm Ext 1676, Cell: 226-926-6341
- The Loft: Dorm Ext 1686, Cell: 226-926-5574
- The Knights: Dorm Ext 1675, Cell: 519-636-0369
Extended Day Contact Information
Have a great weekend,
Student Support Counsellors