In Touch – May 6, 2022
1515 Cheapside Street
London, Ontario, N5V 3N9
Tel. (519) 453-4400 / 1-866-640-0044
Fax (519) 453-4193
Mrs. Sherry Eacrett (Student Support Manager)
Ms. Angela McHardy (Principal)
Amethyst’s mission is to provide a safe place where students, families and staff find support to learn, grow, discover and ultimately “Believe in Themselves”.
A reminder that students must pass the screening tool daily and show verification of this to attend school: COVID-19 school screening
Congratulations to our award winners last week:
- Oliver C. won the Grit award
- Katelyn K. and Shoshanna R. won the Growth Mindset award
- Bronson B. and Izzy R. won the Golden Headset award.
- Shoshanna R. won the Wow award
- Jacob V. won the Kindness award
Staff and students are still required to complete and pass the covid-19 school screener each day. Please follow the NEXT STEPS that are provided at the end of the screener, including the directions about a RETURN TO SCHOOL.
If students are absent they should be checking their Google Classrooms and completing the asynchronous work that is posted when they are well enough to do so.
Robarts grade 7/8/9 Special Education class will be running a snack cart offering snacks Wednesdays from 11:55-12:30 to Amethyst students. Students should bring money if they wish to buy snacks.
We are hosting a Parent Information Night on Tuesday, May 10th at 5:30 pm on Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Programs. A zoom link will be shared on that morning.
On Tuesday we will be taking a whole school photo outdoors. Wear your Amethyst Spirit Wear or Purple and Black that day.
We had our elementary track and field tryouts this week and students who qualify for an event will attend the meet with the London District Catholic School Board at TD Waterhouse Stadium on May 31st.
Silent Auction Update
Our Silent Auction will be set up in the front lobby from Wed., May 11th until end of day May 18th, following the Family Barbeque. (Please bring your own writing instrument to place your bids). After that, everyone will have a final chance to bid over the long weekend (further information will be sent home at that time). If you are unable to visit our auction in person, you will be able to view items through an email that will be sent on May 11th to all families. If you wish to place a bid, please contact Mrs. Harju at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-453-4400, Ext. 1527. You will be assigned a bidding number and Mrs. Harju will instruct your child on how to place bids, and they can keep you updated on the standings. Students can also ask for assistance from any Amethyst staff member. Winners will be notified by Fri., May 27th.
Save the Date – Student Recognition Night is scheduled for Thursday, June 23, 7 – 9 pm. This is an evening where we recognize all of the students and their achievements. More details will be shared closer to the date.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
Extended Day Program/Lodging Update
Hi Parents and Guardians,
- Thursday May 5th – The students had a great time at the school dance on Thursday night! Thank you to staff Jackie, Lauren, and Keisha for all your hard work on supporting the students to make the dance happen. Thank you to Katelyn, Jasmine, Oliver, and Ethan for volunteering!
- Wednesday May 18th – Family BBQ 5-6:30pm. All staff and families are invited to attend our family BBQ.Order forms were sent home. Please return order forms by Monday May 9, 2022. At the BBQ we are presenting students art, come check it out! All art will be auctioned off for our school fundraiser.
- Tuesday May 31: Pool Olympics! Fun games and activities in the pool! Extended day students are more than welcome to stay for this as well.
- End of Year Trips – All students are heading to the Palasad for end of year trips on various dates. Student Support Counsellors will send home permission forms in the next upcoming weeks.
Fundraiser – “Plantables”
Plantables is an exciting new start up (est. 1998) based in Forest, Ontario that grows healthy, hardy and happy fruit and vegetable plants. The best part is, they ship them DIRECTLY to your door, when you want them!
All you have to do is pick what plants you want to grow, choose when you want them delivered and wait for your box of garden-ready plants to arrive on your doorstep. Shipping weeks are available from April- June.
How does the program work?
Go to plantables.ca. and make sure they enter the code 1515 at the checkout or follow our direct link that has been emailed out to families – https://plantables.ca/for/1515.
Fundraiser – Kernels Popcorn
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Kernels popcorn fundraiser. We sold over 1000 bags!! Shout out to student Cameron Latta for selling the most bags! Bags will be sent home within the next 2-3 weeks.
Extended day Information:
If students would like to stay for the school events past 5:30pm please fill out a permission form, cancel bus transportation, and pick up your child after the festivities are over. All permission forms have been sent to families via email and returned to the Student Support Manager, Sherry Eacrett, email@example.com, or send in with your child and ask for it to come to the Student Support Manager. Please reach out to the emails below if you have any questions.
Dorm Contact Information
- Shark Tank: Dorm Ext 1621, Cell: 226-926-5619
- The Cave: Dorm Ext 1699, Cell: 226-926-6731
- Eagles Den: Dorm Ext 1676, Cell: 226-926-6341
- The Loft: Dorm Ext 1686, Cell: 226-926-5574
- The Knights: Dorm Ext 1675, Cell: 519-636-0369