In Touch – May 13, 2022
1515 Cheapside Street
London, Ontario, N5V 3N9
Tel. (519) 453-4400 / 1-866-640-0044
Fax (519) 453-4193
Mrs. Sherry Eacrett (Student Support Manager)
Ms. Angela McHardy (Principal)
Amethyst’s mission is to provide a safe place where students, families and staff find support to learn, grow, discover and ultimately “Believe in Themselves”.
A reminder that students must pass the screening tool daily and show verification of this to attend school: COVID-19 school screening
Congratulations to our award winners last week:
- Grade 10/11 students won the Grit award
- Nathan A. won the Growth Mindset award
- Joe F. won the Golden Headset award.
- Mr. Sherwood’s class won the Wow award
- Mrs. Vincent won the Kindness award
Staff and students are still required to complete and pass the covid-19 school screener each day. Please follow the NEXT STEPS that are provided at the end of the screener, including the directions about a RETURN TO SCHOOL.
If students are absent they should be checking their Google Classrooms and completing the asynchronous work that is posted when they are well enough to do so.
Robarts grade 7/8/9 Special Education class will be running a snack cart offering snacks Wednesdays from 11:55-12:30 to Amethyst students. Students should bring money if they wish to buy snacks.
We hosted a parent night on Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Programs. Thank you to Dave Barrett, Chair of South Western OYAP Association for leading this presentation. It was very informative and there was a request for Dave’s contact information. The website is www.oyap.com and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Elementary students who qualified for a track and field event will attend the meet with the London District Catholic School Board at TD Waterhouse Stadium on May 31st.
Silent Auction Update
Our Silent Auction is up and running until May 18th, following the Family Barbeque. (Please bring your own writing instrument to get your bidding number – sheet on table beside reception – and to place bids). After that, everyone will have a final chance to bid over the long weekend (further information will be sent home at that time). Pictures of all items were sent out earlier this week so if you are unable to visit in person and you wish to place a bid, please contact Mrs. Harju at email@example.com or 519-453-4400, Ext. 1527. You will be assigned a bidding number and Mrs. Harju will instruct your child on how to place bids, and they can keep you updated on the standings. Winners will be notified by Fri., May 27th.
Save the Date – Student Recognition Night is scheduled for Thursday, June 23, 7 – 9 pm. This is an evening where we recognize all of the students and their achievements. More details will be shared closer to the date.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
Extended Day Program/Lodging Update
Hi Parents and Guardians,
Student lodging and extended day had another week full of outdoor activities, swimming, and fun in the gym!
Friendly reminder that Amethyst is a scent free environment. Please do not send your child with heavily scented products or wear scented products when entering the school. Amethyst has a staff member that is severely allergic to scent, and will induce asthmatic symptoms. Thank you for your understanding.
- Wednesday May 18th – Family BBQ 5-6:30pm. All staff and families are invited to attend our family BBQ.Order forms were sent home. Please return as soon as possible. At the BBQ we are presenting students art, come check it out! All art will be auctioned off for our school fundraiser.
- Tuesday May 31 – Pool Olympics from 6-7:30pm! Fun games and activities in the pool! Attention extended day parents, please complete a permission form and pick up your child at 7:30pm if they choose to stay.
- End of Year Trips – All students are heading to the Palasad for end of year trips on various dates. Student Support Counsellors will send home permission forms in the next upcoming weeks.
Fundraiser – “Plantables.”
Plantables is an exciting new start up (est. 1998) based in Forest, Ontario that grow healthy, hardy and happy fruit and vegetable plants. The best part is, they ship them DIRECTLY to your door, when you want them!
All you have to do is pick what plants you want to grow, choose when you want them delivered and wait for your box of garden-ready plants to arrive on your doorstep. Shipping weeks are available from April- June.
How does the program work?
Fundraiser – Kernels Popcorn
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Kernels popcorn fundraiser. We sold over 1000 bags! Bags will be sent home in early June.
Extended Day Information:
If students would like to stay for the school events past 5:30pm please fill out a permission form, cancel bus transportation, and pick up your child after the festivities are over. All permission forms have been sent to families via email. Please return to the Student Support Manager- Sherry Eacrett- firstname.lastname@example.org, or send in with your child to the main office. Please reach out to the emails below if you have any questions.
Dorm Contact Information
- Shark Tank: Dorm Ext 1621, Cell: 226-926-5619
- The Cave: Dorm Ext 1699, Cell: 226-926-6731
- Eagles Den: Dorm Ext 1676, Cell: 226-926-6341
- The Loft: Dorm Ext 1686, Cell: 226-926-5574
- The Knights: Dorm Ext 1675, Cell: 519-636-0369