Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch
Date: August 10, 2022 | Categories: provincial and demonstration schools branch
The Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch (PDSB) is a branch of the Student Support and Field Services Division of the Ministry of Education and is responsible for the direct operation of four (4) provincial schools and three (3) demonstration schools:
- Three American Sign Language (ASL)/English provincial schools for the Deaf (Belleville, London, Milton)
- One English-language provincial school for the blind, visually impaired and Deafblind (Brantford)
- Three English-language demonstration schools for students who have severe learning disabilities (Belleville, London, Milton)
PDSB’s Resource Services department provides:
- preschool services for children who are Deaf, hard of hearing, blind, visually impaired and/or deafblind and their families; and
- teacher training and consultation services to English and French language district school boards for Deaf, hard of hearing, blind, visually impaired, deafblind and students with severe learning disabilities.
PDSB’s Alternate Educational Resources Ontario department develops and provides learning materials and media in accessible formats for elementary, secondary, and post secondary pupils with perceptual disabilities.