Mission and Vision
The following Mission and Vision has been developed as part of the Strategic Planning Process:
All students will become confident, contributing members in a diverse, democratic and ever-changing society. Our purpose is to unlock the potential within all of our learners by highlighting abilities and providing challenging and enriching programs, which serve as models of effective educational practices for students who are Deaf, blind, deafblind, and/or have learning disabilities. We commit to working in partnership with families, school boards, community organizations, and other government agencies, to address the holistic needs and abilities of our students. We will fulfill this commitment by:
- promoting student achievement by facilitating accessibility to the curriculum (modified, accommodated or alternative)
- providing a stable, nurturing learning environment within our schools and residences, that is responsive to the whole child
- responding to system needs and priorities
- valuing and collaborating with internal and external partners
- building opportunities for knowledge-sharing and problem solving conversations across boundaries
- being inclusive, equitable, inviting and forward thinking.
All students will have a sense of belonging in a safe and caring environment. They will be supported in their unique learning needs and be challenged to actualize their potential.