SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS
A rewarding opportunity awaits you with the Ministry of Education, Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch for students with learning disabilities. Our schools are dedicated to providing quality education for students with learning disabilities in a student lodging school setting
Currently, we are looking for Special Education Teachers who wish to have a province wide impact on the education of students with learning disabilities who are available for on-call/supply work at the Trillium Demonstration School in Milton.
Preference will be given to those who hold or are in the process of obtaining a Temporary Certificate of Qualification and Registration.
- PDSB23-018 – Special Education, Supply Teachers (3) Positions available, Trillium Demonstration School, Milton.
Positions to teach Elementary/Secondary homeroom, and may be required to teach Math, English, History, Science or other courses as assigned – strong literacy skills, experience, and junior/intermediate and/or senior qualifications are preferred.
What we are looking for:
- Valid Certification of Registration from the Ontario College of Teachers (preferred);
- Special Education qualifications (minimum Part 1);
- Appropriate division qualifications for position required;
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold or are in the process of obtaining a Temporary Certificate of Qualification and Registration.
- Strong literacy skills;
- Successful experience working with students with learning disabilities;
- Excellent working knowledge of student language acquisition/development, program modifications/accommodations, learning strategies, progress monitoring/evaluation;
- Demonstrated excellence in literacy/language development;
- Experience teaching children to learn to read;
- Demonstrated experience with integration/application of inclusive/assistive technology;
- Demonstrates openness, innovation and awareness of educational research related to students with learning disabilities;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team, ability to work in partnership with the lodging staff;
- Ability to use online learning tools and instruct remotely
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
Location: Trillium Demonstration School – 347 Ontario Street South, Milton
Area of Search: OPEN
Please submit a cover letter, your resume outlining qualifications, experience and an up to date copy of your Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Registration and Qualification. Your cover letter must clearly identify Competition file number PDSB23-018 and be received no later than February 28, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
Please submit your application to the following email address: PSBjobs@ontario.ca
Only candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. Late applications will be declined.
- Vulnerable Service Sector Screening Requirement
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Posting date: January 13, 2023
Closing date: February 28, 2023
Clearance No: N.A.
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO FOSTERING AND MAINTAINING A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT PROMOTES RESPECT FOR OTHERS, OPEN COMMUNICATION, TEAMWORK AND ACCOUNTABILITY