TEACHER OF THE DEAF
Date: January 17, 2023 - January 26, 2023
Job ID: PDSB23-004
Categories: provincial and demonstration schools branch, sir james whitney
Location: Belleville, Ontario | 350 Dundas Street West, Belleville ON K8P 1B2
One (1) position – 1.0 Permanent – Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf Position is available immediately
(Contracts rated under the Provincial Schools Authority)
Do you have an interest in the education of students who are Deaf? Consider bringing your professional expertise to the Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch. Currently there is an exciting career opportunity available at Sir James Whitney for the Deaf program in Belleville for a Teacher of the Deaf.
The following position is available:
- Competition #: PDSB23-004: One (1) position, Teacher of the Deaf, 1.0 Permanent, Sir James Whitney School for the Deaf, Belleville
What we are looking for:
- Valid Certificate of Registration and Qualifications from the Ontario College of Teachers;
- Deaf Specialist/Teaching Students Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing – Aural and Oral Communications Specialist and/or ASL/LSQ Communication Specialist or currently engaged in completing the requirements for the specialist qualification;
- Primary/Junior or Junior/Intermediate or Senior Division qualifications required.
- Demonstrated experience teaching Deaf/hard of hearing students in academic programs and programs for students with multiple exceptionalities;
- Ability to develop and modify lesson plans, and to create IEP’s to effectively teach Deaf students;
- An in-depth knowledge of the principles of teaching Deaf students;
- Ability to effectively manage a classroom and students using a variety of behavioural management strategies;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including proficiency in English and American Sign Language (ASL);
- Ability to apply an in depth knowledge of bilingual-biliteracy-bicultural education for Deaf students;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and work with students with multiple exceptionalities.
Location: 350 Dundas Street West, Belleville, Ontario
Area of Search: OPEN
Please submit a cover letter and resume quoting the appropriate Competition file number PDSB23-004 along with an updated copy of your Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Registration by no later than 11:59 pm on Thursday, January 26, 2023, to:
Send applications to: PSBjobs@ontario.ca
APPLICATIONS SHALL BE CONSIDERED FROM PERMANENT AND REPLACEMENT TEACHERS IN THE PROVINCIAL SCHOOLS AUTHORITY TEACHERS (PSAT) BARGAINING UNIT PRIOR TO CONSIDERING EXTERNAL CANDIDATES.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to fill future vacancies represented by the Provincial Schools Authority Teachers (PSAT).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Late applications will be declined.
Note: The successful candidate (s) will be required to provide an original, satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within the last six months) as deemed suitable by the Employer, prior to the commencement of employment.
Posting date: Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Closing date: Thursday, January 26, 2023
Clearance No: N/A
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO FOSTERING AND MAINTAINING A WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT PROMOTES RESPECT FOR OTHERS, OPEN COMMUNICATION, TEAMWORK AND ACCOUNTABILITY