School Age Services
Vision Resource Services and Outreach Programs provide:
- Functional vision assessments.
- Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI) Range assessments.
- Consultation and assessment to determine appropriate learning media; braille, large print, and/or auditory.
- Recommendations in programming for braille and other tactile formats as a learning media.
- A written report providing recommendations for educational programming including transitions when applicable.
- Assessments to determine eligibility to obtain SEA (Special Equipment Amount), Ministry of Education Special Grants for Adaptive Equipment needs.
- Consultation to determine the need for Orientation & Mobility.
- Interpretation (for school purposes) of reports regarding student’s vision, and interpretation of optometric and ophthalmological reports.
- Attend meetings and/or case conferences when requested.
To request these services, click here for referral package.