Disclaimer: This collection is provided only as a service to parents visiting our Learning Centre. The Provincial Schools Branch takes no responsibility for the content of the following web links.
- The Ontario Ministry of Education: The official website of the Ministry of Education
- The Ontario Ministry of Education: Tips and Tools for Parents.
- The Ontario Ministry of Education: A collection of website links with tips, resources, advice and news covering a variety of topics for parents and kids.
- Family Resource Programs Canada has developed this site for parents and for those working with parents. This site has a huge collection of downloadable resources available in as many as eighteen different languages for parents. They offer strategies for a multitude of situations and parenting issues, like “Setting Routines”, “Promoting Positive Behaviour”, and “Breaking Ineffective Patterns”. They also offer links to sites offering information and support on Early Childhood Development, Child and Youth Mental Health, Language and Literacy Development: and Self Esteem.
- Healthy Canadians – The Government of Canada has launched the Children’s Health and Safety Campaign aimed at promoting children’s health and safety tips for parents. The website offers tips and advice for parents on topics such as car seat safety, healthy eating and nutrition, food safety, product safety and physical activity.
- Ask a Teacher: TVOntario’s Independent Learning Centre provides a resource for high school students that includes an essay feedback tool, exercises and lessons in various subject areas and access to certified teachers who can help answer questions about homework.
- Bloorview Kid’s Rehab is an excellent source of information for children with disabilities and their families.
- Bloorview also has an excellent compendium of links to external resources.
- The Ontario Parent Council website has a wealth of information, resources and links for parents and school councils.
- The Halton District School Board has a very comprehensive collection of links for parents that cover homework, streetproofing, and bullying prevention tips for parents
- The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health has a great deal of information about programs and services at CAMH for children, youth and families. It is of interest to health promotion workers, parents, and anyone who works with children and youth.
- The Association of Parent Support Groups in Ontario helps parents in dealing with disruptive behaviour in their children.
- Parent Action on Drugs helps parents prepare for the challenges their children face every day in dealing with decisions around drug use.
- The Peel District School Board offers parent tip sheets that provide practical suggestions to help parents get involved in their children’s education.